Friday, July 8, 2011

The End of an Era


This morning was the final launch of Space Shuttle Atlantis, and the end of NASA's 30-year space shuttle program. It's kind of sad. I can understand that there just isn't any money left for it, and that unmanned spacecraft can tell us just as much, if not more than putting a human into space could. But I've always loved the idea of space travel. If not the practicalities, it seems pretty insanely technical really.  I tuned in this morning to catch a few minutes before the launch, and the liftoff.  As incredible to watch as ever. I snapped a few photos off from my TV. 



1 comment:

  1. I saw the launch on my iPhone with a NASA app. It is sad to see an era end but we can stay hopeful. Manned space flights will resume eventually, its inevitable. I just hope we are around to see it.

    ReplyDelete