Friday, June 10, 2011

What the hell is on my iPod, part 1 (?)

This past week, after being thoroughly destroyed in the local pub's Trivia Night, I had the thought that I really am somewhat devoid of musical knowledge. I never did claim to be terribly aware of what the current music scene is up to, but after a medley of 14 hit songs from 2008, of which i knew ONE? I might just be living under a rock. (My excuse is that I was living in London then, because, you know, there's no radio there....

I then furthered my acknowledgment of my musical illiteracy, admitting that I don't even know what's on my own iPod.

Now, I don't think I'm going to become music aware over night, but I can at least listen to the music I already have. Some 5000+ songs, to be precise.

I set my plan into action on my drive home this evening, starting alphabetically, since it's the only way I'll ever keep track.

Tonight I got:
'Cause you can - Birdmonster
'Round the World - String Cheese Incident
- Eternity - Avril Lavigne (Aka Two Rivers)
"Highway Blues" - New Stories, composed by Marc Seales

I wasn't particularly wild about any of them, may or may not delete them at a later date. I think most of these were from a chunk of music I got from my cousin, as I don't recognize any of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment